Monday, March 15, 2010

Recycle!




I created this podcast because the concept of recycling is so important to teach our students so that we can make them consciously aware of conservation. The concept of this podcast is taken from the book Recycle!: A Handbook for Kids by Gail Gibbons. The book explains where our garbage goes and that landfills won't always be able to handle the large amounts of garbage that we throw away. Recycle goes into detail about which materials are recyclable and how these products get re-made to turn into new items. I used images to coordinate with the different ideas in the book and also entertaining music that would appeal to children. Would be a great resource for a VA SOL 3.1 (d) conservation and resource renewal.

References:

All images via Google images and Yahoo images through Creative Commons

Recycle!: A Handbook for Kids by Gail Gibbons

3 comments:

  1. YES!! This is wonderful. I love recycling and education!! I'm sorry to hear your school ended up not even being accredited!? How did that happen, and what did you do? xoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really cool! It has inspired me to make a podcast when I start teaching full time again. Your blog has my wheels turning as I might create a blog for all of my teacher things I created. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i learn a lot thanks for showing this video! =)it was really cool!

    ReplyDelete